Redcar Scars Spot ID
Best: Swell NNE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.9 °C
Redcar Scars in North East England is a fairly exposed reef break that has unreliable waves. Winter and spring are the optimum times of year to visit. Ideal winds are from the southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the north northeast. Both left and right reef breaks. Best around high tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Watch out for pollution/groynes.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North East England surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Redcar Scars
Tide stations nearest to Redcar Scars:
- Closest tide stationMarske-by-the-Sea2 mi
- Second closest tide stationSaltburn-by-the-Sea4 mi
- Third closest tide stationRiver Tees5 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMiddlesbrough7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTeesside8 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Redcar Scars:
- Closest ski areaCastleside36 mi
- Second closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club44 mi
- Third closest ski areaAllenheads48 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common50 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss53 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Redcar Scars:
- Closest city locationRedcar1 mi
- Second closest city locationMiddlesbrough7 mi
- Third closest city locationTeesside8 mi
- Fourth closest city locationHartlepool9 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBillingham10 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Redcar Scars is Teesside Airport (MME) in England, 27 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Redcar Scars is Newcastle Airport (NCL), also in England, 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Third is Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) in England, 92 km (57 miles) away.
- Carlisle Airport (CAX) in England is 119 km (74 miles) away.
- Humberside Airport (HUY), also in England is the fifth nearest airport to Redcar Scars and is 124 km (77 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Redcar Scars, North East England. Use the tab navigation above to view Redcar Scars sea temperature, Redcar Scars photographs, Redcar Scars detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Redcar Scars webcams, current wind from North East England live weather stations and Redcar Scars tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Redcar Scars.