Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay Spot ID
Photo credit: Ineke Chapman
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell ESE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.8 °C
Raupo Bay in Banks Peninsular is a reasonably exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the east southeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Sometimes crowded. Hazards include rips and rocks.
At Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Le Bons Bay, 11 km from Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay.
|light winds from the SW|
Overall Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This chart illustrates the range of swells directed at Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay over... (show all text)
This image describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Canterbury surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay
Other Nearby Surf Breaks closest to Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay:(click location name for more details)
- Closest break2 mi
- Second closest break10 mi
- Third closest break11 mi
- Fourth closest break14 mi
- Fifth closest break14 mi
Tide stations nearest to Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay:
- Closest tide stationAkaroa11 mi
- Second closest tide stationLyttelton16 mi
- Third closest tide stationChristchurch19 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKaiapoi27 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationKaikoura92 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay:
- Closest ski areaPorters74 mi
- Second closest ski areaMount Hutt75 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Cheeseman76 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaBroken River76 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCraigieburn76 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay:
- Closest city locationChristchurch19 mi
- Second closest city locationTimaru103 mi
- Third closest city locationBlenheim155 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNelson165 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWellington187 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay is Christchurch International Airport (CHC) in New Zealand, which is 44 km (27 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay is Timaru Airport (TIU), also in New Zealand, 161 km (100 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Hokitika Airport (HKK), also in New Zealand, 196 km (122 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay, Canterbury. Use the tab navigation above to view Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay sea temperature, Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay photographs, Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay webcams, current wind from Canterbury live weather stations and Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Banks Peninsula - Raupo Bay.