Raglan-Indicators Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.3 °C
Raglan-Indicators in West Coast Auckland is an exposed point break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the southeast. Waves can be ok even in light onshore winds Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest.There is a left breaking point here. It's sometimes crowded here. Watch out for rocks and locals.
Overall Raglan-Indicators Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture illustrates the combination of swells directed at Raglan-Indicators throug... (show all text)
The figure describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Raglan-Indicators surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Raglan and West Waikato surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Raglan-Indicators
Tide stations nearest to Raglan-Indicators:
- Closest tide stationRaglan6 mi
- Second closest tide stationAotea Harbour12 mi
- Third closest tide stationKawhia17 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWaikato River Entrance30 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLPG Terminal55 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Raglan-Indicators:
- Closest ski areaWhakapapa106 mi
- Second closest ski areaManganui109 mi
- Third closest ski areaTukino110 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaTuroa111 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow298 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Raglan-Indicators:
- Closest city locationHamilton28 mi
- Second closest city locationManukau59 mi
- Third closest city locationAuckland63 mi
- Fourth closest city locationWaitakere69 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNorthshore71 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Raglan-Indicators is Hamilton Airport (HLZ) in New Zealand, 48 km (30 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Raglan-Indicators is Auckland International Airport (AKL), also in New Zealand, 91 km (57 miles) away.
- Third is Tauranga Airport (TRG) in New Zealand, 125 km (78 miles) away.
- Rotorua Airport (ROT) in New Zealand is 138 km (86 miles) away.
- New Plymouth Airport (NPL), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Raglan-Indicators and is 142 km (88 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Raglan-Indicators, Raglan and West Waikato. Use the tab navigation above to view Raglan-Indicators sea temperature, Raglan-Indicators photographs, Raglan-Indicators detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Raglan-Indicators webcams, current wind from Raglan and West Waikato live weather stations and Raglan-Indicators tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Raglan-Indicators.