Quintana Jetty Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell ESE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.8 °C
Quintana Jetty in Texas is an exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf. The favoured conditions for surfing are during the hurricane season. Offshore winds blow from the north northwest. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the ideal wave direction is from the east southeast. Waves at the beach are mainly rights. It's sometimes crowded here. Watch out for rips, sharks and jellyfish.
For Christmas Bay, Texas, 4 km from Quintana Jetty.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-LUIT2, 11 km from Quintana Jetty.
At Galveston Buoy, 50 miles from Quintana Jetty.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||3.6||3.6||3.6||3.3|
Overall Quintana Jetty Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This picture shows the combination of swells directed at Quintana Jetty through a typic... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Quintana Jetty surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Texas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Quintana Jetty
Tide stations nearest to Quintana Jetty:
- Closest tide stationChristmas Bay2 mi
- Second closest tide stationChristmas Point, Christmas Bay5 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Luis Pass7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationFreeport, DOW Barge Canal8 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationFreeport Harbor8 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Quintana Jetty:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache682 mi
- Second closest ski areaHidden Valley711 mi
- Third closest ski areaSnow Creek720 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaCloudmont740 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAngel Fire Resort776 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Quintana Jetty:
- Closest city locationLake Jackson14 mi
- Second closest city locationTexas City30 mi
- Third closest city locationGalveston31 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLeague City35 mi
- Fifth closest city locationFriendswood35 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Quintana Jetty is Scholes International At Galveston Airport (GLS) in USA, 43 km (27 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Quintana Jetty is Ellington Fld (Houston) Airport (EFD), also in USA, 66 km (41 miles) away.
- Third is William P Hobby (Houston) Airport (HOU) in USA, 71 km (44 miles) away.
- Palacios Muni Airport (PSX) in USA is 107 km (66 miles) away.
- George Bush Intcntl Houston Airport (IAH), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Quintana Jetty and is 108 km (67 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Quintana Jetty, Texas. Use the tab navigation above to view Quintana Jetty sea temperature, Quintana Jetty photographs, Quintana Jetty detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Quintana Jetty webcams, current wind from Texas live weather stations and Quintana Jetty tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Quintana Jetty.