Quepos Spot ID
Best: Swell S | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.1 °C
Quepos in Golfo de Nicoya is an exposed beach break that has unreliable waves Offshore winds blow from the north. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
Overall Quepos Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This picture shows the combination of swells directed at Quepos over a normal August, b... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Quepos surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Golfo de Nicoya surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Quepos
Visitor Reviews of Quepos
“Hi again.......There are no rip tides at Quepos surf break....none.... The rip tides are at Manuel Antonio beach, about 3 miles away............... The break is next to the jetty ..........there are no rights,...........but that does not matter ....because, when there is a swell..... the wave holds up for over 100 yards.......LEFT ONLY breaking away from the jetty. The whole bottom is sandy, around the break and beyond. No sharks around here. I do boogy boarding, and have the spot to myself lot of the time. After the peak breaks......and the left is forming........you get your ride, another inside wave forms that is good for long boards. water is warm, 84 no need for wetsuit here. Mostly school kids in water once in a while, on boogy boards....ps...don't tell anybody....they are better than me. Bill.”
William Kyle from UNITED STATES - 29 Jul 2014
Tide stations nearest to Quepos:
- Closest tide stationChacarita53 mi
- Second closest tide stationPunta Arenas55 mi
- Third closest tide stationLimon89 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationGolfito91 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSan Juan del Norte (Greytown)107 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Quepos:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1362 mi
- Second closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1734 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1767 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1769 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1776 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Quepos:
- Closest city locationSan Rafael Abajo (Costa Rica)27 mi
- Second closest city locationAserri (Costa Rica)29 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Miguel (Costa Rica)31 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCurridabat (Costa Rica)34 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCartago (Costa Rica)35 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Quepos is Quepos Managua Airport (XQP) in Costa Rica, 9 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Quepos is Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO), also in Costa Rica, 60 km (37 miles) away.
- Third is Palmar Sur Airport (PMZ) in Costa Rica, 99 km (61 miles) away.
- Limon International Airport (LIO) in Costa Rica is 142 km (88 miles) away.
- Golfito Airport (GLF), also in Costa Rica is the fifth nearest airport to Quepos and is 144 km (89 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Quepos, Golfo de Nicoya. Use the tab navigation above to view Quepos sea temperature, Quepos photographs, Quepos detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Quepos webcams, current wind from Golfo de Nicoya live weather stations and Quepos tide predictions. The Costa Rica swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Costa Rica and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Costa Rica wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Quepos.