Punta Canoas Spot ID
Type: beach and point
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell N | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 31.0 °C
Punto Canoas in Caribbean is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. Offshore winds are from the southeast. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell direction is from the north. The beach break provides left and right handers. It very rarely gets crowded here.
Overall Punta Canoas Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This image describes the range of swells directed at Punta Canoas through an average Ju... (show all text)
The graph shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Punta Canoas surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Caribbean surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Punta Canoas
Tide stations nearest to Punta Canoas:
- Closest tide stationCartagena11 mi
- Second closest tide stationPuerto Colombia48 mi
- Third closest tide stationBarranquilla55 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationTolu71 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSan Antero83 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Punta Canoas:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1368 mi
- Second closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1750 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1761 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1761 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1761 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Punta Canoas:
- Closest city locationCartagena11 mi
- Second closest city locationTurbaco17 mi
- Third closest city locationArjona24 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSabanalarga40 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBaranoa44 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Punta Canoas is Rafael Nunez (Cartagena) Airport (CTG) in Colombia, 13 km (8 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Punta Canoas is Ernesto Cortissoz (Barranquilla) Airport (BAQ), also in Colombia, 88 km (55 miles) away.
- Third is Las Brujas (Corozal) Airport (CZU) in Colombia, 139 km (86 miles) away.
- Simon Bolivar (Santa Marta) Airport (SMR) in Colombia is 153 km (95 miles) away.
- Baracoa (Magangue) Airport (MGN), also in Colombia is the fifth nearest airport to Punta Canoas and is 160 km (99 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Punta Canoas, Caribbean. Use the tab navigation above to view Punta Canoas sea temperature, Punta Canoas photographs, Punta Canoas detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Punta Canoas webcams, current wind from Caribbean live weather stations and Punta Canoas tide predictions. The Colombia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Colombia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Colombia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Punta Canoas.