Punta de la Viuda Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.6 °C
Punta de la Viuda in West Uruguay is an exposed point break that has reasonably consistent surf. Autumn and winter are the optimum times of year for waves. Offshore winds blow from the east northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest.Surfers ride left hand point. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
For Cerro Verde, 8 km from Punta de la Viuda.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At SHIP6862, 42 km from Punta de la Viuda.
|strong winds from the SE|
State of sky unchanged
Overall Punta de la Viuda Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at Punta de la Viuda thro... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Punta de la Viuda surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Punta de la Viuda
Tide stations nearest to Punta de la Viuda:
- Closest tide stationMaldonado98 mi
- Second closest tide stationPunta del Este101 mi
- Third closest tide stationPiriapolis112 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPaso de Carrasco152 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationRio Grande158 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Punta de la Viuda:
- Closest ski areaVallecitos (Argentina)919 mi
- Second closest ski areaLas Lenas (Argentina)942 mi
- Third closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)943 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)945 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaValle Nevado (Chile)958 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Punta de la Viuda:
- Closest city locationSanta Vitoria do Palmar (Brazil)40 mi
- Second closest city locationRocha (Uruguay)53 mi
- Third closest city locationTreinta Y Tries (Uruguay)76 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMinas (Uruguay)98 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMaldonado (Uruguay)98 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Punta de la Viuda is El Jaguel International (Punta Del Este) Airport (PDP) in Uruguay, which is 156 km (97 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Punta de la Viuda is Cerro Largo (Melo) Airport (MLZ), also in Uruguay, 202 km (125 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Punta de la Viuda, North. Use the tab navigation above to view Punta de la Viuda sea temperature, Punta de la Viuda photographs, Punta de la Viuda detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Punta de la Viuda webcams, current wind from North live weather stations and Punta de la Viuda tide predictions. The Uruguay swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Uruguay and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Uruguay wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Punta de la Viuda.