Punta del Diablo Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Uruguay – North)
Punta del Diablo Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.0 °C
Punta del Diablo in West Uruguay is an exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf. Autumn and winter are the favoured times of year for waves. Offshore winds are from the northwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southeast. Waves at the beach tend to peel to the right. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Watch out for dangerous rips.
Overall Punta del Diablo Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart describes the variation of swells directed at Punta del Diablo over a normal... (show all text)
This image shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Punta del Diablo surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Punta del Diablo
Visitor Reviews of Punta del Diablo
“If you study the map, you'll realize Punta del Diablo is in the very East of the country. Not West.
[Editors comments: fixed in database]”
Julia from URUGUAY - 27 Jan 2012
Tide stations nearest to Punta del Diablo:
- Closest tide stationMaldonado100 mi
- Second closest tide stationPunta del Este103 mi
- Third closest tide stationPiriapolis114 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPaso de Carrasco154 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationRio Grande156 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Punta del Diablo:
- Closest ski areaVallecitos (Argentina)920 mi
- Second closest ski areaLas Lenas (Argentina)943 mi
- Third closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)945 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)947 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPortillo (Chile)960 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Punta del Diablo:
- Closest city locationSanta Vitoria do Palmar (Brazil)37 mi
- Second closest city locationRocha (Uruguay)55 mi
- Third closest city locationTreinta Y Tries (Uruguay)75 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMinas (Uruguay)99 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMaldonado (Uruguay)100 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Punta del Diablo is El Jaguel International (Punta Del Este) Airport (PDP) in Uruguay, which is 158 km (98 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Punta del Diablo is Cerro Largo (Melo) Airport (MLZ), also in Uruguay, 201 km (125 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Punta del Diablo, North. Use the tab navigation above to view Punta del Diablo sea temperature, Punta del Diablo photographs, Punta del Diablo detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Punta del Diablo webcams, current wind from North live weather stations and Punta del Diablo tide predictions. The Uruguay swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Uruguay and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Uruguay wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Punta del Diablo.