Punta del Chileno Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.3 °C
Punta del Chileno in South Uruguay is an exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf. Autumn and winter are the best times of year for waves. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The beach breaks consists of rights. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. The water quality here is rather suspect.
Overall Punta del Chileno Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The graph illustrates the combination of swells directed at Punta del Chileno through a... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Punta del Chileno surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Punta del Chileno
Tide stations nearest to Punta del Chileno:
- Closest tide stationMaldonado2 mi
- Second closest tide stationPunta del Este4 mi
- Third closest tide stationPiriapolis17 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPaso de Carrasco61 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMontevideo70 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Punta del Chileno:
- Closest ski areaVallecitos (Argentina)840 mi
- Second closest ski areaLas Lenas (Argentina)855 mi
- Third closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)866 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)868 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLagunillas Ski Center (Chile)878 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Punta del Chileno:
- Closest city locationMaldonado (Uruguay)2 mi
- Second closest city locationMinas (Uruguay)40 mi
- Third closest city locationRocha (Uruguay)47 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMontevideo (Uruguay)68 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLas Piedras (Uruguay)71 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Punta del Chileno is El Jaguel International (Punta Del Este) Airport (PDP) in Uruguay, which is 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Punta del Chileno is Carrasco International (Montevideo) Airport (MVD), also in Uruguay, 96 km (60 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Angel S Adami (Montevideo) Airport (MVD), also in Uruguay, 118 km (73 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Punta del Chileno, South. Use the tab navigation above to view Punta del Chileno sea temperature, Punta del Chileno photographs, Punta del Chileno detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Punta del Chileno webcams, current wind from South live weather stations and Punta del Chileno tide predictions. The Uruguay swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Uruguay and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Uruguay wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Punta del Chileno.