Punta Sayulita Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 32.2 °C
Punta Sayulita in Nayarit is an exposed beach and reef break that is usually a safe bet. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. The best wind direction is from the east. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west southwest. A left hand reef break. It's sometimes crowded here. Submerged rocks are a hazard.
Overall Punta Sayulita Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph illustrates the combination of swells directed at Punta Sayulita through an a... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Punta Sayulita surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Nayarit surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Punta Sayulita
Visitor Reviews of Punta Sayulita
“Great beginners wave and good for intermediates too. Nearly Keats has surf.”
Doug warner from UNITED STATES - 30 May 2011
Tide stations nearest to Punta Sayulita:
- Closest tide stationBucerias12 mi
- Second closest tide stationPuerto Vallarta22 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Blas46 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSan Patricio125 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationIsla del Bosque131 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Punta Sayulita:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)859 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Lemmon Ski Valley (United States)865 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Park Resort (United States)940 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSandia Peak (United States)993 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)1022 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Punta Sayulita:
- Closest city locationPuerto Vallarta (Mexico)23 mi
- Second closest city locationTepic (Mexico)58 mi
- Third closest city locationAmeca (Mexico)94 mi
- Fourth closest city locationAutlan de Navarro (Mexico)104 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTequila (Mexico)104 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Punta Sayulita is Licenciado Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International (Puerto Vallarta) Airport (PVR) in Mexico, which is 30 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Punta Sayulita is Tepic Airport (TPQ), also in Mexico, 88 km (55 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Punta Sayulita, Nayarit. Use the tab navigation above to view Punta Sayulita sea temperature, Punta Sayulita photographs, Punta Sayulita detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Punta Sayulita webcams, current wind from Nayarit live weather stations and Punta Sayulita tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Punta Sayulita.