Lighthouse (Punta San Jose) Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell W | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.9 °C
Lighthouse (Punta San Jose) in Baja Norte is an exposed beach and reef break that has dependable surf. Autumn and winter are the favoured times of year for waves. Offshore winds blow from the east northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west. Take care of rocks and sharks.
At Lighthouse (Punta San Jose) (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Esteban Cantu, 29 km from Lighthouse (Punta San Jose).
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 109 miles from Lighthouse (Punta San Jose).
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||8||17||17|
Overall Lighthouse (Punta San Jose) Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram illustrates the variation of swells directed at Lighthouse (Punta San ... (show all text)
This picture describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Lighthouse (Punta San Jose) surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Baja Norte surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Lighthouse (Punta San Jose)
Wave buoys nearest to Lighthouse (Punta San Jose):
- Closest wave buoy109 mi
- Second closest wave buoy184 mi
- Third closest wave buoy212 mi
- Fourth closest wave buoy259 mi
- Fifth closest wave buoy268 mi
Tide stations nearest to Lighthouse (Punta San Jose):
- Closest tide stationEnsenada27 mi
- Second closest tide stationEl Sauzal30 mi
- Third closest tide stationCamalu53 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPrimo Tapia55 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationRosarito65 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Lighthouse (Punta San Jose):
- Closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)191 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)191 mi
- Third closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)192 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaBear Mountain (United States)196 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)200 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Lighthouse (Punta San Jose):
- Closest city locationEnsenada (Mexico)28 mi
- Second closest city locationRosarito (Mexico)65 mi
- Third closest city locationTecate (Mexico)76 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTijuana (Mexico)76 mi
- Fifth closest city locationImperial Beach (United States)83 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Lighthouse (Punta San Jose) is General Alberto L Salinas C International (Ensenada) Airport (ESE) in Mexico, 37 km (23 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Lighthouse (Punta San Jose) is General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ), also in Mexico, 124 km (77 miles) away.
- Third is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 149 km (93 miles) away.
- San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN) in USA is 151 km (94 miles) away.
- Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Lighthouse (Punta San Jose) and is 164 km (102 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Lighthouse (Punta San Jose), Baja Norte. Use the tab navigation above to view Lighthouse (Punta San Jose) sea temperature, Lighthouse (Punta San Jose) photographs, Lighthouse (Punta San Jose) detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Lighthouse (Punta San Jose) webcams, current wind from Baja Norte live weather stations and Lighthouse (Punta San Jose) tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Lighthouse (Punta San Jose).