Punta Paraiso Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.3 °C
Punta Paraiso in North East Coast - Dominican-Republic is an exposed reef break that has quite reliable surf. Winter and spring are the favoured times of year to visit. Offshore winds are from the southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the northeast. Best around low tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Beware of rocks, rips.
Overall Punta Paraiso Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This chart illustrates the combination of swells directed at Punta Paraiso over a norma... (show all text)
This image describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Punta Paraiso surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North East Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Punta Paraiso
Ski Resorts closest to Punta Paraiso:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1420 mi
- Second closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1428 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1436 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)1437 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1439 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Punta Paraiso is Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ) in Dominican Republic, 39 km (24 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Punta Paraiso is La Romana International Airport (LRM), also in Dominican Republic, 54 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Las Americas International (Santo Domingo) Airport (SDQ) in Dominican Republic, 121 km (75 miles) away.
- Herrera International (Santo Domingo) Airport (HEX) in Dominican Republic is 149 km (93 miles) away.
- Rafael Hernandez (Aguadilla) Airport (BQN) in Puerto Rico is the fifth nearest airport to Punta Paraiso and is 160 km (99 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Punta Paraiso, North East Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Punta Paraiso sea temperature, Punta Paraiso photographs, Punta Paraiso detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Punta Paraiso webcams, current wind from North East Coast live weather stations and Punta Paraiso tide predictions. The Dominican Republic swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Dominican Republic and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Dominican Republic wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Punta Paraiso.