Punta Manzanillo Spot ID
Photo credit: Domingo Parrales
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.0 °C
Punta Manzanillo in Tola Province is an exposed point break that has pretty consitent surf Offshore winds blow from the northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest.The break here is a left hand point. Best around mid tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of rips and rocks.
Overall Punta Manzanillo Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The rose diagram shows the range of swells directed at Punta Manzanillo over a normal O... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Punta Manzanillo surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Tola Province surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Punta Manzanillo
Tide stations nearest to Punta Manzanillo:
- Closest tide stationSan Juan del Sur15 mi
- Second closest tide stationMasachapa43 mi
- Third closest tide stationCorinto108 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationEl Realejo110 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPunta Arenas127 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Punta Manzanillo:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1531 mi
- Second closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1604 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1641 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1644 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1653 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Punta Manzanillo:
- Closest city locationRivas (Nicaragua)14 mi
- Second closest city locationJinotepe (Nicaragua)34 mi
- Third closest city locationDiriamba (Nicaragua)35 mi
- Fourth closest city locationGranada (Nicaragua)39 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMasaya (Nicaragua)40 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Punta Manzanillo is Managua International Airport (MGA) in Nicaragua, which is 86 km (53 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Punta Manzanillo is Daniel Oduber Quiros International (Liberia) Airport (LIR) in Costa Rica, 103 km (64 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Nosara Airport (NOB), also in Costa Rica, 162 km (101 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Punta Manzanillo, Tola Province. Use the tab navigation above to view Punta Manzanillo sea temperature, Punta Manzanillo photographs, Punta Manzanillo detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Punta Manzanillo webcams, current wind from Tola Province live weather stations and Punta Manzanillo tide predictions. The Nicaragua swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Nicaragua and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Nicaragua wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Punta Manzanillo.