Burros Spot ID
Best: Swell WNW | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 31.3 °C
Punta Burros in Nayarit is a fairly exposed reef break that has reliable surf. Winter is the favoured time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the north northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the west northwest. There is a right hand reef break. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Beware of urchins, rocks and locals.
Overall Burros Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph illustrates the range of swells directed at Burros through an average July, b... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Burros surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Nayarit surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Burros
Visitor Reviews of Burros
Tide stations nearest to Burros:
- Closest tide stationBucerias8 mi
- Second closest tide stationPuerto Vallarta17 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Blas54 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSan Patricio117 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationManzanillo139 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Burros:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)868 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Lemmon Ski Valley (United States)873 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Park Resort (United States)948 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSandia Peak (United States)1001 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)1030 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Burros:
- Closest city locationPuerto Vallarta (Mexico)17 mi
- Second closest city locationTepic (Mexico)65 mi
- Third closest city locationAmeca (Mexico)93 mi
- Fourth closest city locationAutlan de Navarro (Mexico)98 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTequila (Mexico)105 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Punta Burros is Licenciado Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International (Puerto Vallarta) Airport (PVR) in Mexico, which is 21 km (13 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Punta Burros is Tepic Airport (TPQ), also in Mexico, 97 km (60 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Burros, Nayarit. Use the tab navigation above to view Burros sea temperature, Burros photographs, Burros detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Burros webcams, current wind from Nayarit live weather stations and Burros tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Burros.