Punta Burica Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.8 °C
Punta Burica in Golfo Dulce is an exposed reef break that has pretty consitent surf Offshore winds are from the northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. Both left and right reef breaks. Best around low tide when the tide is rising. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Hazards include rocks,jellyfish,sea-lice.
Overall Punta Burica Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
This chart describes the range of swells directed at Punta Burica through a typical Jan... (show all text)
This image shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Punta Burica surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Golfo Dulce surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Punta Burica
Ski Resorts closest to Punta Burica:
- The closest passenger airport to Punta Burica is Coto 47 Airport (OTR) in Costa Rica, 63 km (39 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Punta Burica is Enrique Malek International (David) Airport (DAV) in Panama, 65 km (40 miles) away.
- Third is Golfito Airport (GLF) in Costa Rica, 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Palmar Sur Airport (PMZ) in Costa Rica is 119 km (74 miles) away.
- Bocas Del Toro Airport (BOC) in Panama is the fifth nearest airport to Punta Burica and is 162 km (101 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Punta Burica, Golfo Dulce. Use the tab navigation above to view Punta Burica sea temperature, Punta Burica photographs, Punta Burica detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Punta Burica webcams, current wind from Golfo Dulce live weather stations and Punta Burica tide predictions. The Costa Rica swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Costa Rica and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Costa Rica wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Punta Burica.