Punta Burica Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.5 °C
Punta Burica in Golfo Dulce is an exposed reef break that has pretty consitent surf Offshore winds are from the northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. Both left and right reef breaks. Best around low tide when the tide is rising. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Hazards include rocks,jellyfish,sea-lice.
Overall Punta Burica Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This image describes the combination of swells directed at Punta Burica over a normal J... (show all text)
The graph shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions thr... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Punta Burica surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Golfo Dulce surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Punta Burica
Tide stations nearest to Punta Burica:
- Closest tide stationPuerto Armuelles16 mi
- Second closest tide stationPedregal39 mi
- Third closest tide stationGolfito45 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAlmirante94 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBocas del Toro, Almirante Bay101 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Punta Burica:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1241 mi
- Second closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1834 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1864 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1866 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1872 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Punta Burica:
- Closest city locationDavid (Panama)42 mi
- Second closest city locationSan Isidro108 mi
- Third closest city locationSantiago de Veraguas (Panama)132 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPuerto Limon136 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTurrialba139 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Punta Burica is Coto 47 Airport (OTR) in Costa Rica, 63 km (39 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Punta Burica is Enrique Malek International (David) Airport (DAV) in Panama, 65 km (40 miles) away.
- Third is Golfito Airport (GLF) in Costa Rica, 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Palmar Sur Airport (PMZ) in Costa Rica is 119 km (74 miles) away.
- Bocas Del Toro Airport (BOC) in Panama is the fifth nearest airport to Punta Burica and is 162 km (101 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Punta Burica, Golfo Dulce. Use the tab navigation above to view Punta Burica sea temperature, Punta Burica photographs, Punta Burica detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Punta Burica webcams, current wind from Golfo Dulce live weather stations and Punta Burica tide predictions. The Costa Rica swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Costa Rica and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Costa Rica wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Punta Burica.