Punta Brava Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.4 °C
Punta Brava in Golfo de Chiriqui is an exposed reef break that has very consistent surf Works best in offshore winds from the north. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south southwest. A left hand reef break. Best around low tide. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Beware of urchins and rocks.
Overall Punta Brava Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
This picture describes the variation of swells directed at Punta Brava through a typica... (show all text)
The figure shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Punta Brava surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Veraguas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Punta Brava
Tide stations nearest to Punta Brava:
- Closest tide stationPedregal96 mi
- Second closest tide stationPuerto Armuelles119 mi
- Third closest tide stationPuerto Escondido134 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBocas del Toro, Almirante Bay138 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationVeracruz140 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Punta Brava:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1184 mi
- Second closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1871 mi
- Third closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1892 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1897 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1900 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Punta Brava:
- Closest city locationSantiago de Veraguas (Panama)37 mi
- Second closest city locationChitre (Panama)60 mi
- Third closest city locationDavid (Panama)99 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLa Chorrera (Panama)132 mi
- Fifth closest city locationVista Alegre (Panama)139 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Punta Brava is Enrique Malek International (David) Airport (DAV) in Panama, which is 157 km (98 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Punta Brava is Coto 47 Airport (OTR) in Costa Rica, 219 km (136 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Punta Brava, Veraguas. Use the tab navigation above to view Punta Brava sea temperature, Punta Brava photographs, Punta Brava detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Punta Brava webcams, current wind from Veraguas live weather stations and Punta Brava tide predictions. The Panama swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Panama and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Panama wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Punta Brava.