Punta Ballena Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
Punta Ballena Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.6 °C
Punta Ballena in Manabi is an exposed point break that has inconsistent surf. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. Offshore winds are from the southeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the northwest.The break here is a left hand point. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Hazards include sharks and rocks.
Overall Punta Ballena Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Punta Ballena through a ty... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Punta Ballena surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Manabi surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Punta Ballena
Visitor Reviews of Punta Ballena
Tide stations nearest to Punta Ballena:
- Closest tide stationPedernales27 mi
- Second closest tide stationPuerto de Bahia Caraquez29 mi
- Third closest tide stationMuisne58 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationManta58 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPropicia89 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Punta Ballena:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)645 mi
- Second closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1400 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Arpa (Chile)2335 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaPortillo (Chile)2353 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)2355 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Punta Ballena:
- Closest city locationBahia de Caraques (Ecuador)30 mi
- Second closest city locationChone (Ecuador)38 mi
- Third closest city locationManta (Ecuador)62 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPortoviejo (Ecuador)65 mi
- Fifth closest city locationRosa Zarate (Ecuador)70 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Punta Ballena is Eloy Alfaro International (Manta) Airport (MEC) in Ecuador, which is 93 km (58 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Punta Ballena is Reales Tamarindos (Portoviejo) Airport (PVO), also in Ecuador, 97 km (60 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Punta Ballena, Manabi. Use the tab navigation above to view Punta Ballena sea temperature, Punta Ballena photographs, Punta Ballena detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Punta Ballena webcams, current wind from Manabi live weather stations and Punta Ballena tide predictions. The Ecuador swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ecuador and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ecuador wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Punta Ballena.