Pulau Dana Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Best: Swell SW | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.3 °C
Pulau Dana in Timor is an exposed reef and point break that has dependable surf. May-Oct (Dry Season) is the favoured time of year for waves. The best wind direction is from the north northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The reef provides both left and right breaks and there is also a left hand point break. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Watch out for rocks.
Overall Pulau Dana Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This chart shows the combination of swells directed at Pulau Dana over a normal July. I... (show all text)
This image illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Pulau Dana surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Timor surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Pulau Dana
Tide stations nearest to Pulau Dana:
- Closest tide stationWaingapu106 mi
- Second closest tide stationEndeh139 mi
- Third closest tide stationAshmore Reef152 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKupang163 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMaumere165 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Pulau Dana:
- Closest ski areaLake Mountain (Australia)2395 mi
- Second closest ski areaMount Buffalo (Australia)2397 mi
- Third closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)2397 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMount Buller (Australia)2401 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Stirling (Australia)2402 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Pulau Dana:
- Closest city locationWaingapu106 mi
- Second closest city locationEndeh139 mi
- Third closest city locationKupang163 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMaumere165 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLabuhanbajo187 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Pulau Dana is Mau Hau (Waingapu) Airport (WGP) in Indonesia, which is 166 km (103 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Pulau Dana is H Hasan Aroeboesman (Ende) Airport (ENE), also in Indonesia, 223 km (139 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Pulau Dana, Timor. Use the tab navigation above to view Pulau Dana sea temperature, Pulau Dana photographs, Pulau Dana detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Pulau Dana webcams, current wind from Timor live weather stations and Pulau Dana tide predictions. The Indonesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Indonesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Indonesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Pulau Dana.