Puerto Escondido Spot ID
Photo credit: Jaime Ancira
Type: beach and point
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.0 °C
Puerto Escondido in Oaxaca is an exposed beach and point break that has very reliable surf. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the north northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right Sometimes crowded. Watch out for rips and sharks.
Overall Puerto Escondido Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The rose diagram describes the variation of swells directed at Puerto Escondido through... (show all text)
This picture shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Puerto Escondido surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Oaxaca surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Puerto Escondido
Ski Resorts closest to Puerto Escondido:
Town and city forecasts close to Puerto Escondido:
- Closest city location71 mi
- Second closest city location83 mi
- Third closest city location88 mi
- Fourth closest city location126 mi
- Fifth closest city location127 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Puerto Escondido is Puerto Escondido Airport (PXM) in Mexico, which is 3 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Puerto Escondido is Bahias De Huatulco International Airport (HUX), also in Mexico, 86 km (53 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Xoxocotlan International (Oaxaca) Airport (OAX), also in Mexico, 132 km (82 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca. Use the tab navigation above to view Puerto Escondido sea temperature, Puerto Escondido photographs, Puerto Escondido detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Puerto Escondido webcams, current wind from Oaxaca live weather stations and Puerto Escondido tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Puerto Escondido.