Puerto Cruz Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.5 °C
Puerto Cruz in Isla Margarita is a fairly exposed point break that only works when conditions are just right. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the northeast. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Rarely crowded here. Take care of rocks and sharks.
Overall Puerto Cruz Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The rose diagram describes the range of swells directed at Puerto Cruz over a normal Ju... (show all text)
This picture shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Puerto Cruz surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Isla Margarita surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Puerto Cruz
Tide stations nearest to Puerto Cruz:
- Closest tide stationJuan Griego4 mi
- Second closest tide stationPorlamar14 mi
- Third closest tide stationCumaná50 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationCarupano57 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPuerto La Cruz81 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Puerto Cruz:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1687 mi
- Second closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1932 mi
- Third closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)2038 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)2044 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)2053 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Puerto Cruz:
- Closest city locationJuan Griego4 mi
- Second closest city locationLa Asuncion8 mi
- Third closest city locationPorlamar14 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCumana50 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCarupano57 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Puerto Cruz is Del Caribe International Gen Santago Marino (Porlamar) Airport (PMV) in Venezuela, 25 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Puerto Cruz is Antonio Jose De Sucre (Cumana) Airport (CUM), also in Venezuela, 79 km (49 miles) away.
- Third is General Jose Francisco Bermudez (Carupano) Airport (CUP) in Venezuela, 89 km (55 miles) away.
- General Jose Antonio Anzoategui International (Barcelona) Airport (BLA) in Venezuela is 142 km (88 miles) away.
- Maturin Airport (MUN), also in Venezuela is the fifth nearest airport to Puerto Cruz and is 175 km (109 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Puerto Cruz, Isla Margarita. Use the tab navigation above to view Puerto Cruz sea temperature, Puerto Cruz photographs, Puerto Cruz detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Puerto Cruz webcams, current wind from Isla Margarita live weather stations and Puerto Cruz tide predictions. The Venezuela swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Venezuela and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Venezuela wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Puerto Cruz.