Priests Cove Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.8 °C
Priests Cove in North Cornwall is a quite exposed point break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the east southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west. There is no beach break Watch out for rocks.
Overall Priests Cove Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Priests Cove over a normal Octob... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Priests Cove surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cornwall (North) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Priests Cove
Tide stations nearest to Priests Cove:
- Closest tide stationNewlyn7 mi
- Second closest tide stationSt Ives11 mi
- Third closest tide stationHayle14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPenryn27 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationFalmouth29 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Priests Cove:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)300 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)326 mi
- Third closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)348 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)349 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)349 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Priests Cove:
- Closest city locationPlymouth (United Kingdom)70 mi
- Second closest city locationNewton Abbot (United Kingdom)97 mi
- Third closest city locationPaignton (United Kingdom)97 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBarnstaple (United Kingdom)98 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTorquay (United Kingdom)100 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Priests Cove is St Mawgan (Newquai) Airport (NQY) in England, which is 61 km (38 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Priests Cove is Plymouth Airport (PLH), also in England, 118 km (73 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Exeter Airport (EXT), also in England, 176 km (109 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Priests Cove, Cornwall (North). Use the tab navigation above to view Priests Cove sea temperature, Priests Cove photographs, Priests Cove detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Priests Cove webcams, current wind from Cornwall (North) live weather stations and Priests Cove tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Priests Cove.