Prefailles Spot ID
Best: Swell WSW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.1 °C
Prefaille in Brittany is an exposed reef break that has unreliable waves. Summer in particular tends to be flat. The best wind direction is from the north. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west southwest. A choice of left and right reefs. Best around mid tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Submerged rocks are a hazard.
Overall Prefailles Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
The rose diagram shows the range of swells directed at Prefailles over a normal March, ... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Prefailles surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Loire Atlantique surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Prefailles
- The closest passenger airport to Prefailles is Montoir (St.-nazaire) Airport (SNR) in France, 21 km (13 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Prefailles is Nantes Atlantique Airport (NTE), also in France, 45 km (28 miles) away.
- Third is Meucon (Vannes) Airport (VNE) in France, 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Les Ajoncs (La Roche-sur-yon) Airport (EDM) in France is 79 km (49 miles) away.
- Le Pontreau (Cholet) Airport (CET), also in France is the fifth nearest airport to Prefailles and is 101 km (63 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Prefailles, Loire Atlantique. Use the tab navigation above to view Prefailles sea temperature, Prefailles photographs, Prefailles detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Prefailles webcams, current wind from Loire Atlantique live weather stations and Prefailles tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Prefailles.