Prainha Spot ID
Type: beach and point
Best: Swell ESE | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.0 °C
Prainha in South Bahia is an exposed beach and point break that has reliable surf. The surf tends to be best in the spring. Ideal winds are from the west northwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the east southeast. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights and there is also a left hand point break. It very rarely gets crowded here. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
Overall Prainha Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The rose diagram describes the variation of swells directed at Prainha over a normal Ju... (show all text)
This picture shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Prainha surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Bahia - Sul surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Prainha
Tide stations nearest to Prainha:
- Closest tide stationItacare2 mi
- Second closest tide stationCamamu25 mi
- Third closest tide stationCamamu27 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMalhado32 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationIlheus35 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Prainha:
- Closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1948 mi
- Second closest ski areaVallecitos (Argentina)2313 mi
- Third closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)2324 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)2327 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPortillo (Chile)2339 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Prainha:
- Closest city locationUbaitaba23 mi
- Second closest city locationIlheus38 mi
- Third closest city locationItabuna41 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCoaraci45 mi
- Fifth closest city locationIpiau52 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Prainha is Ilheus Airport (IOS) in Brazil, which is 58 km (36 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Prainha is Deputado Luis Eduardo Magalhaes (Salvador) Airport (SSA), also in Brazil, 169 km (105 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Prainha, Bahia - Sul. Use the tab navigation above to view Prainha sea temperature, Prainha photographs, Prainha detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Prainha webcams, current wind from Bahia - Sul live weather stations and Prainha tide predictions. The Brazil swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Brazil and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Brazil wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Prainha.