Praia do Baleal Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NNW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.2 °C
Praia do Baleal in Peniche is a sheltered beach break that has very consistent surf and works all around the year. Works best in offshore winds from the southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the north northwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Hazards include .
Overall Praia do Baleal Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The figure illustrates the variation of swells directed at Praia do Baleal through an a... (show all text)
This chart describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Praia do Baleal surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Peniche surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Praia do Baleal
Tide stations nearest to Praia do Baleal:
- Closest tide stationPeniche1 mi
- Second closest tide stationSilveira17 mi
- Third closest tide stationNazare22 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationEriceira28 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCastanheira do Ribatejo34 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Praia do Baleal:
- Closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)122 mi
- Second closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)206 mi
- Third closest ski areaManzaneda (Spain)227 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLeitariegos (Spain)288 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaValdesqui (Spain)295 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Praia do Baleal:
- Closest city locationCaldad da Rainha (Portugal)12 mi
- Second closest city locationMarinha Grande (Portugal)35 mi
- Third closest city locationMonsanto (Portugal)35 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSantarem (Portugal)37 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLoures (Portugal)39 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Praia do Baleal is Lisboa (Lisbon) Airport (LIS) in Portugal, which is 68 km (42 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Praia do Baleal is Porto Airport (OPO) in Acores, 217 km (135 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Praia do Baleal, Peniche. Use the tab navigation above to view Praia do Baleal sea temperature, Praia do Baleal photographs, Praia do Baleal detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Praia do Baleal webcams, current wind from Peniche live weather stations and Praia do Baleal tide predictions. The Portugal swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Portugal and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Portugal wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Praia do Baleal.