Praia da Barra Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
Praia da Barra Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.5 °C
Praia da Barra in North Portugal is an exposed beach break. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the east. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Best around low tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Watch out for dangerous rips.
Overall Praia da Barra Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This picture shows the range of swells directed at Praia da Barra over a normal April. ... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Praia da Barra surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Beira surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Praia da Barra
Visitor Reviews of Praia da Barra
Tide stations nearest to Praia da Barra:
- Closest tide stationAveiro1 mi
- Second closest tide stationEsmoriz23 mi
- Third closest tide stationEspinho25 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSao Felix da Marinha28 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationArcozelo29 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Praia da Barra:
- Closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)68 mi
- Second closest ski areaManzaneda (Spain)135 mi
- Third closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)162 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLeitariegos (Spain)197 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaValgrande-Pajares (Spain)223 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Praia da Barra:
- Closest city locationAveiro (Portugal)5 mi
- Second closest city locationCanidelo (Portugal)33 mi
- Third closest city locationCoimbra (Portugal)35 mi
- Fourth closest city locationVila Nova de Gaia (Portugal)35 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPorto (Portugal)36 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Praia da Barra is Porto Airport (OPO) in Acores, which is 68 km (42 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Praia da Barra is Vila Real Airport (VRL), also in Acores, 112 km (70 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Vigo Airport (VGO) in Spain, 177 km (110 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Praia da Barra, Beira. Use the tab navigation above to view Praia da Barra sea temperature, Praia da Barra photographs, Praia da Barra detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Praia da Barra webcams, current wind from Beira live weather stations and Praia da Barra tide predictions. The Portugal swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Portugal and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Portugal wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Praia da Barra.