Praia Grande Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell E | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.6 °C
Praia Grande in Santa Caterina is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Ideal winds are from the west. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the east. The beach breaks favour lefts. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded.
Overall Praia Grande Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph shows the range of swells directed at Praia Grande over a normal July, based ... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Praia Grande surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Santa Catarina - Norte surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Praia Grande
- The closest passenger airport to Praia Grande is Joinville Airport (JOI) in Brazil, 27 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Praia Grande is Navegantes Itajai Airport (NVT), also in Brazil, 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Third is Afonso Pena (Curitiba) Airport (CWB) in Brazil, 108 km (67 miles) away.
- Bacacheri (Curitiba) Airport (BFH) in Brazil is 123 km (76 miles) away.
- Hercilio Luz (Florianopolis) Airport (FLN), also in Brazil is the fifth nearest airport to Praia Grande and is 151 km (94 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Praia Grande, Santa Catarina - Norte. Use the tab navigation above to view Praia Grande sea temperature, Praia Grande photographs, Praia Grande detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Praia Grande webcams, current wind from Santa Catarina - Norte live weather stations and Praia Grande tide predictions. The Brazil swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Brazil and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Brazil wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Praia Grande.