Praia Grande Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.0 °C
Praia Grande in Lisbon is an exposed beach break that usually has waves and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the east with some shelter here from north winds. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's sometimes crowded here.
Overall Praia Grande Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This picture illustrates the combination of swells directed at Praia Grande through a t... (show all text)
The figure describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Praia Grande surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lisboa surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Praia Grande
Visitor Reviews of Praia Grande
“I have surfed in Carcavelos. I go to Praia Grande when Carcavelos is flat. In this situation, the waves in Praia Grande can be strong enough for a beginner, but when Carcavelos has good waves, Praia Grande is a place for novices to avoid. For me, 2+ meters waves are too big.
A good thing is that it is quite remote so there are always fewer surfers in the water compared to another spots closer to Lisboa, and even when it is crowded there is room enough to avoid being worried that anyone may hit you.”
Javier from PORTUGAL - 01 Jun 2010
Tide stations nearest to Praia Grande:
- Closest tide stationSao Joao das Lampas6 mi
- Second closest tide stationCascais10 mi
- Third closest tide stationEriceira11 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSao Domingos de Rana11 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPaco de Arcos13 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Praia Grande:
- Closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)152 mi
- Second closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)228 mi
- Third closest ski areaManzaneda (Spain)264 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaValdesqui (Spain)317 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPuerto De Navacerrada (Spain)321 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Praia Grande:
- Closest city locationSintra (Portugal)6 mi
- Second closest city locationAlcabideche (Portugal)7 mi
- Third closest city locationCascais (Portugal)9 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRio de Mouro (Portugal)9 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCacem (Portugal)10 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Praia Grande is Lisboa (Lisbon) Airport (LIS) in Portugal, which is 31 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Praia Grande is Talavera La Real (Badajoz) Airport (BJZ) in Spain, 232 km (144 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Praia Grande, Lisboa. Use the tab navigation above to view Praia Grande sea temperature, Praia Grande photographs, Praia Grande detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Praia Grande webcams, current wind from Lisboa live weather stations and Praia Grande tide predictions. The Portugal swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Portugal and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Portugal wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Praia Grande.