Power Plant Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.6 °C
Power Plant in Oahuis a reef break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the east northeast. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. Good surf at all stages of the tide. The location means that it never gets crowded. Hazards include - Rips / undertow - Localism - Pollution - Sharks.
Overall Power Plant Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture illustrates the variation of swells directed at Power Plant over a normal ... (show all text)
The figure describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Power Plant surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Power Plant
Tide stations nearest to Power Plant:
- Closest tide stationNanakuli3 mi
- Second closest tide stationMa'ili6 mi
- Third closest tide stationWaianae, Pokai Bay, Oahu Island8 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWaipahu8 mi
- Fifth closest tide station'Ewa Beach8 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Power Plant:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland2503 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta2509 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area2524 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaRoyal Gorge2546 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaDodge Ridge2547 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Power Plant:
- Closest city locationWaipahu8 mi
- Second closest city locationMililani Town11 mi
- Third closest city locationPearl City11 mi
- Fourth closest city locationHonolulu19 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKane'ohe22 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Power Plant is Honolulu International Airport (HNL) in Usa Oahu Isl., 22 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Power Plant is Dillingham Airport (HDH), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 26 km (16 miles) away.
- Third is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF) in Usa Oahu Isl., 39 km (24 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 110 km (68 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Power Plant and is 138 km (86 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Power Plant, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Power Plant sea temperature, Power Plant photographs, Power Plant detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Power Plant webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Power Plant tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Power Plant.