Power Plant Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.8 °C
Power Plant in Oahuis a reef break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the east northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. Good surf at all stages of the tide. An uncrowded break, even when it is working. Watch out for - Rips / undertow - Localism - Pollution - Sharks.
Overall Power Plant Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
The rose diagram illustrates the combination of swells directed at Power Plant through ... (show all text)
This picture describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Power Plant surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Power Plant
- The closest passenger airport to Power Plant is Honolulu International Airport (HNL) in Usa Oahu Isl., 22 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Power Plant is Dillingham Airport (HDH), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 26 km (16 miles) away.
- Third is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF) in Usa Oahu Isl., 39 km (24 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 110 km (68 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Power Plant and is 138 km (86 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Power Plant, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Power Plant sea temperature, Power Plant photographs, Power Plant detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Power Plant webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Power Plant tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Power Plant.