Posties Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.6 °C
Posties on the East Coast is an exposed reef break that has quite reliable surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds blow from the northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. There is a right hand reef break. Best around high tide when the tide is rising. It's sometimes crowded here. Take care of rips, rocks, locals and sharks.
For Port Macdonnell, Australia, 6 km from Posties.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Mount Gambier, 34 km from Posties.
|light winds from the SE.(Wind varies from 110 to 170 degs)|
Dry and cloudy
Overall Posties Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The figure describes the combination of swells directed at Posties through an average O... (show all text)
This chart shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ov... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Posties surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to SA - East Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Posties
Tide stations nearest to Posties:
- Closest tide stationPort Macdonnell4 mi
- Second closest tide stationBeachport50 mi
- Third closest tide stationPortland50 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationRobe (offshore)91 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWarrnambool96 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Posties:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)268 mi
- Second closest ski areaLake Mountain (Australia)282 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Baw Baw (Australia)300 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt St Gwinear (Australia)303 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buller (Australia)317 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Posties:
- Closest city locationWarrnambool (Australia)96 mi
- Second closest city locationBallarat (Australia)178 mi
- Third closest city locationGeelong (Australia)200 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMelton (Australia)210 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBendigo (Australia)215 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Posties is Avalon Airport (AVV) in Australia, which is 325 km (202 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Posties is Melbourne International Airport (MEL), also in Australia, 361 km (224 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Posties, SA - East Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Posties sea temperature, Posties photographs, Posties detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Posties webcams, current wind from SA - East Coast live weather stations and Posties tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Posties.