Porto Covo Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.4 °C
Porto Covo in South Portugal is an exposed reef break that has very reliable surf and works all around the year. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west. There is a left breaking reef. Best around mid tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Watch out for .
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Alentejo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Porto Covo
Visitor Reviews of Porto Covo
Tide stations nearest to Porto Covo:
- Closest tide stationSines7 mi
- Second closest tide stationSesimbra44 mi
- Third closest tide stationAlvor51 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPortimao52 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLagos52 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Porto Covo:
- Closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)189 mi
- Second closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)241 mi
- Third closest ski areaSierra Nevada (Spain)303 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManzaneda (Spain)315 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaValdesqui (Spain)323 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Porto Covo:
- Closest city locationSesimbra (Portugal)44 mi
- Second closest city locationSetubal (Portugal)47 mi
- Third closest city locationPortimao (Portugal)52 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBeja (Portugal)52 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAmora (Portugal)55 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Porto Covo is Lisboa (Lisbon) Airport (LIS) in Portugal, which is 107 km (66 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Porto Covo is Faro Airport (FAO) in Acores, 119 km (74 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Porto Covo, Alentejo. Use the tab navigation above to view Porto Covo sea temperature, Porto Covo photographs, Porto Covo detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Porto Covo webcams, current wind from Alentejo live weather stations and Porto Covo tide predictions. The Portugal swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Portugal and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Portugal wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Porto Covo.