Porthcurno Spot ID
Photo credit: Hannah Birt
Best: Swell SW | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.4 °C
Porthcurno in South Cornwall is a quite exposed beach break that does not work very often. Summer in particular tends to be flat. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Watch out for dangerous rips.
Overall Porthcurno Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This chart illustrates the range of swells directed at Porthcurno through an average Ju... (show all text)
This image describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Porthcurno surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cornwall (South) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Porthcurno
- The closest passenger airport to Porthcurno is St Mawgan (Newquai) Airport (NQY) in England, 66 km (41 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Porthcurno is Plymouth Airport (PLH), also in England, 119 km (74 miles) away.
- Third is Exeter Airport (EXT) in England, 178 km (111 miles) away.
- Guipavas (Brest) Airport (BES) in France is 199 km (124 miles) away.
- Swansea Airport (SWS) in Wales is the fifth nearest airport to Porthcurno and is 208 km (129 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Porthcurno, Cornwall (South). Use the tab navigation above to view Porthcurno sea temperature, Porthcurno photographs, Porthcurno detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Porthcurno webcams, current wind from Cornwall (South) live weather stations and Porthcurno tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Porthcurno.