Portballintrae Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 9.2 °C
Portballintrae in Antrim is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. The best wind direction is from the southeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded.
For Portrush, Northern Ireland, 8 km from Portballintrae.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At North coast Ballybogey wx, 10 km from Portballintrae.
Overall Portballintrae Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
The rose diagram describes the variation of swells directed at Portballintrae through a... (show all text)
This picture shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Portballintrae surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Antrim surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Portballintrae
Ski Resorts closest to Portballintrae:
Town and city forecasts close to Portballintrae:
- Closest city locationColeraine (United Kingdom)8 mi
- Second closest city locationBallymena (United Kingdom)27 mi
- Third closest city locationLondonderry County Borough (United Kingdom)34 mi
- Fourth closest city locationDerry (United Kingdom)35 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCarrickfergus (United Kingdom)45 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Portballintrae is Londonderry Eglinton Airport (LDY) in North Ireland, 44 km (27 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Portballintrae is Islay Airport (ILY) in U.k, 54 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Aldergrove (Belfast) Airport (BFS) in North Ireland, 66 km (41 miles) away.
- City (Belfast) Airport (BHD) in North Ireland is 80 km (50 miles) away.
- St Angelo (Enniskillen) Airport (ENK) in England is the fifth nearest airport to Portballintrae and is 116 km (72 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Portballintrae, Antrim. Use the tab navigation above to view Portballintrae sea temperature, Portballintrae photographs, Portballintrae detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Portballintrae webcams, current wind from Antrim live weather stations and Portballintrae tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Portballintrae.