Port Renfrew Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.7 °C
Port Renfrew in Vancouver Island is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf Offshore winds blow from the northeast. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the west. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Rarely crowded here. Dangerous rips are a hazard of surfing here.
For Port Renfrew, British Columbia, 4 km from Port Renfrew.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At SHIP3695, 18 km from Port Renfrew.
|light winds from the SSW|
At Neah Bay Buoy, 13 miles from Port Renfrew.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||10||10||9||10|
Overall Port Renfrew Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The graph illustrates the combination of swells directed at Port Renfrew over a normal ... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Port Renfrew surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Vancouver Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Port Renfrew
Visitor Reviews of Port Renfrew
“Great beach break here... the locals are nice and it's not too busy. Easy travel to other spots from Port Renfrew. We stayed at Salt River Cabin.”
Tomtom from CANADA - 18 Jul 2010
Tide stations nearest to Port Renfrew:
- Closest tide station2 mi
- Second closest tide station14 mi
- Third closest tide station16 mi
- Fourth closest tide station19 mi
- Fifth closest tide station20 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Port Renfrew is Nanaimo Airport (YCD) in Canada, 72 km (45 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Port Renfrew is Victoria International Airport (YYJ), also in Canada, 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Third is Port Angeles Cgas Airport (NOW) in USA, 89 km (55 miles) away.
- Tofino Airport (YAZ) in Canada is 114 km (71 miles) away.
- Vancouver International Airport (YVR), also in Canada is the fifth nearest airport to Port Renfrew and is 119 km (74 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Port Renfrew, Vancouver Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Port Renfrew sea temperature, Port Renfrew photographs, Port Renfrew detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Port Renfrew webcams, current wind from Vancouver Island live weather stations and Port Renfrew tide predictions. The Canada swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Canada and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Canada wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Port Renfrew.