Port Isabel Spot ID
Best: Swell E | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.6 °C
Port Isabel in Texas is an exposed beach/Jetty break that usually has waves Works best in offshore winds from the west. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the best wave direction is from the east. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Beware of rips, rocks, sharks and jellyfish.
For Queen Isabella Causeway (east end), Texas, 5 km from Port Isabel.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At East Red Snapper Street South Padre Island wx, 2 km from Port Isabel.
At Corpus Christi Buoy, 65 miles from Port Isabel.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||6||8||8||8|
Overall Port Isabel Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
The figure describes the range of swells directed at Port Isabel through an average Jan... (show all text)
This chart shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Port Isabel surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Texas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Port Isabel
Tide stations nearest to Port Isabel:
- Closest tide station3 mi
- Second closest tide station4 mi
- Third closest tide station4 mi
- Fourth closest tide station4 mi
- Fifth closest tide station5 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Port Isabel is Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport (BRO) in USA, 36 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Port Isabel is Valley International (Harlingen) Airport (HRL), also in USA, 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Third is General Servando Canales International (Matamoros) Airport (MAM) in Mexico, 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Mc Allen Miller International (Mcallen) Airport (MFE) in USA is 107 km (66 miles) away.
- General Lucio Blanco International (Reynosa) Airport (REX) in Mexico is the fifth nearest airport to Port Isabel and is 107 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Port Isabel, Texas. Use the tab navigation above to view Port Isabel sea temperature, Port Isabel photographs, Port Isabel detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Port Isabel webcams, current wind from Texas live weather stations and Port Isabel tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Port Isabel.