Port Isabel Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
Port Isabel Spot ID
Best: Swell E | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.1 °C
Port Isabel in Texas is an exposed beach/Jetty break that usually has waves Works best in offshore winds from the west. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the best wave direction is from the east. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Beware of rips, rocks, sharks and jellyfish.
For Queen Isabella Causeway (east end), Texas, 5 km from Port Isabel.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At South Padre IS, 7 km from Port Isabel.
|light winds from the SW|
At Corpus Christi Buoy, 65 miles from Port Isabel.
|Data Age||6 hr||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||5||5||6||6|
Overall Port Isabel Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart illustrates the combination of swells directed at Port Isabel through a typi... (show all text)
This image describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Port Isabel surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Texas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Port Isabel
Visitor Reviews of Port Isabel
Tide stations nearest to Port Isabel:
- Closest tide stationQueen Isabella Causeway (east end)3 mi
- Second closest tide stationCoast Guard Station, South Padre Island4 mi
- Third closest tide stationPadre Island (South)4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationQueen Isabella Causeway (west end)4 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSouth Bay entrance5 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Port Isabel:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)709 mi
- Second closest ski areaSandia Peak (United States)833 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)839 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSipapu Ski and Summer Resort (United States)851 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAngel Fire Resort (United States)855 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Port Isabel:
- Closest city locationBrownsville (United States)25 mi
- Second closest city locationMatamoros (Mexico)27 mi
- Third closest city locationHarlingen (United States)33 mi
- Fourth closest city locationWeslaco (United States)52 mi
- Fifth closest city locationValle Hermoso (Mexico)52 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Port Isabel is Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport (BRO) in USA, 36 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Port Isabel is Valley International (Harlingen) Airport (HRL), also in USA, 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Third is General Servando Canales International (Matamoros) Airport (MAM) in Mexico, 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Mc Allen Miller International (Mcallen) Airport (MFE) in USA is 107 km (66 miles) away.
- General Lucio Blanco International (Reynosa) Airport (REX) in Mexico is the fifth nearest airport to Port Isabel and is 107 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Port Isabel, Texas. Use the tab navigation above to view Port Isabel sea temperature, Port Isabel photographs, Port Isabel detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Port Isabel webcams, current wind from Texas live weather stations and Port Isabel tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Port Isabel.