Port Isaac Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind SSE
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.7 °C
Port Isaac in North Cornwall is a reasonably exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the south southeast with some shelter here from southwest winds. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the west northwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Best around low tide. When it's working here, it can get crowded.
For Trebarwith Strand, 8 km from Port Isaac.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Plymouth, 53 km from Port Isaac.
At Sevenstones Buoy, 65 miles from Port Isaac.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||8||-||7||8|
Overall Port Isaac Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This image illustrates the combination of swells directed at Port Isaac through an aver... (show all text)
The graph describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Port Isaac surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cornwall (North) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Port Isaac
Visitor Reviews of Port Isaac
Tide stations nearest to Port Isaac:
- Closest tide stationWadebridge6 mi
- Second closest tide stationNewquay17 mi
- Third closest tide stationPar17 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSaint Austell18 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBude21 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Port Isaac:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)253 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)284 mi
- Third closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)305 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)305 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)305 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Port Isaac:
- Closest city locationPlymouth (United Kingdom)33 mi
- Second closest city locationBarnstaple (United Kingdom)47 mi
- Third closest city locationNewton Abbot (United Kingdom)55 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPaignton (United Kingdom)57 mi
- Fifth closest city locationExeter (United Kingdom)58 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Port Isaac is St Mawgan (Newquai) Airport (NQY) in England, 20 km (12 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Port Isaac is Plymouth Airport (PLH), also in England, 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Exeter Airport (EXT) in England, 102 km (63 miles) away.
- Swansea Airport (SWS) in Wales is 125 km (78 miles) away.
- Cardiff Airport (CWL), also in Wales is the fifth nearest airport to Port Isaac and is 138 km (86 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Port Isaac, Cornwall (North). Use the tab navigation above to view Port Isaac sea temperature, Port Isaac photographs, Port Isaac detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Port Isaac webcams, current wind from Cornwall (North) live weather stations and Port Isaac tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Port Isaac.