Port Blanc Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.2 °C
Port Blanc in Brittany is an exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west southwest. The beach break favours right handers. Sometimes crowded.
Overall Port Blanc Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Port Blanc through an average Ap... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Port Blanc surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Brittany - Morbihan surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Port Blanc
- The closest passenger airport to Port Blanc is Lann Bihoue (Lorient) Airport (LRT) in France, 35 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Port Blanc is Meucon (Vannes) Airport (VNE), also in France, 40 km (25 miles) away.
- Third is Montoir (St.-nazaire) Airport (SNR) in France, 79 km (49 miles) away.
- Pluguffan (Quimper) Airport (UIP) in France is 92 km (57 miles) away.
- Armor (St.-brieuc Armor) Airport (SBK), also in France is the fifth nearest airport to Port Blanc and is 116 km (72 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Port Blanc, Brittany - Morbihan. Use the tab navigation above to view Port Blanc sea temperature, Port Blanc photographs, Port Blanc detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Port Blanc webcams, current wind from Brittany - Morbihan live weather stations and Port Blanc tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Port Blanc.