Port Austin Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: -1.3 °C
Port Austin in Lake Huron is an exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf Offshore winds are from the south. The short fetch makes for windswells rather than groundswells and the ideal wave direction is from the northwest. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Sometimes crowded. Submerged rocks are a hazard.
For Middle Branch, Baltimore Harbor, Maryland, 750 km from Port Austin.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Port Austin, 3 km from Port Austin.
At South Huron Buoy, 32 miles from Port Austin.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||4||5||4||5|
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lake Huron surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Port Austin
Visitor Reviews of Port Austin
Tide stations nearest to Port Austin:
- Closest tide stationChain Bridge466 mi
- Second closest tide stationMiddle Branch, Baltimore Harbor466 mi
- Third closest tide stationFells Point, Baltimore Harbor467 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationRosedale467 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBaltimore (Fort McHenry)468 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Port Austin:
- Closest ski areaOtsego Ski Club (United States)69 mi
- Second closest ski areaApple Mountain (United States)70 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Holiday Ski Area (United States)88 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHanson Hills (United States)89 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSkyline SA (United States)90 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Port Austin:
- Closest city locationSterling (United States)52 mi
- Second closest city locationBay City (United States)56 mi
- Third closest city locationSaginaw (United States)66 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMidland (United States)70 mi
- Fifth closest city locationFlint (United States)78 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Port Austin is Chris Hadfield (Sarnia) Airport (YZR) in Canada, 130 km (81 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Port Austin is St Clair Co International (Port Huron) Airport (PHN) in USA, 133 km (83 miles) away.
- Third is Roscommon Co (Houghton Lake) Airport (HTL) in USA, 139 km (86 miles) away.
- Selfridge Angb (Mount Clemens) Airport (MTC) in USA is 162 km (101 miles) away.
- Wiarton Airport (YVV) in Canada is the fifth nearest airport to Port Austin and is 167 km (104 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Port Austin, Lake Huron. Use the tab navigation above to view Port Austin sea temperature, Port Austin photographs, Port Austin detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Port Austin webcams, current wind from Lake Huron live weather stations and Port Austin tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Port Austin.