Port Aransas Spot ID
Photo credit: Cynthia Grissman
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.1 °C
Port Aransas in Texas is an exposed beach break that only works once in a while. The favoured conditions for surfing are during the hurricane season. Works best in offshore winds from the northwest. Usually gets local windswells, but groundswells do happen and the ideal wave angle is from the southeast.. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Take care of rips, obstacles, sharks and jellyfish.
For Aransas Channel, Texas, 1 km from Port Aransas.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-PTAT2, 0 km from Port Aransas.
|light winds from the SE|
At Corpus Christi Buoy, 63 miles from Port Aransas.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||7||7||7||8|
Overall Port Aransas Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image illustrates the range of swells directed at Port Aransas through a typical J... (show all text)
The graph describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Port Aransas surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Texas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Port Aransas
Visitor Reviews of Port Aransas
“Port A. is one of the classic little beach get-away spots in Texas. The other place that rivals it is Port Isabel in South Texas. Port A. has seen a lot of growth in the recent decades but it's got so much character still that it always puts a smile on your face. Good fishing, fun surfing (mostly a longboard wave) and lots of great places to eat. The jetties at sunset is a must do. Please remember to pick up your trash on the beach!!!”
Pat Judd from UNITED STATES - 30 Nov 2011
Tide stations nearest to Port Aransas:
- Closest tide stationAransas Channel1 mi
- Second closest tide stationPort Aransas, Holiday Beach1 mi
- Third closest tide stationPort Aransas1 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAransas Pass8 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPort Ingleside, Corpus Christi Bay9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Port Aransas:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)633 mi
- Second closest ski areaSandia Peak (United States)750 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)751 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSipapu Ski and Summer Resort (United States)761 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAngel Fire Resort (United States)762 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Port Aransas:
- Closest city locationCorpus Christi (United States)22 mi
- Second closest city locationKingsville (United States)54 mi
- Third closest city locationVictoria (United States)67 mi
- Fourth closest city locationHarlingen (United States)121 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEdinburg (United States)126 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Port Aransas is Corpus Christi International Airport (CRP) in USA, 45 km (28 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Port Aransas is Kingsville Nas Airport (NQI), also in USA, 83 km (52 miles) away.
- Third is Alice International Airport (ALI) in USA, 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Palacios Muni Airport (PSX) in USA is 127 km (79 miles) away.
- Valley International (Harlingen) Airport (HRL), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Port Aransas and is 188 km (117 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Port Aransas, Texas. Use the tab navigation above to view Port Aransas sea temperature, Port Aransas photographs, Port Aransas detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Port Aransas webcams, current wind from Texas live weather stations and Port Aransas tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Port Aransas.