Populars Spot ID
Best: Swell SSE | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.2 °C
Populars in Oahu is an exposed reef break that usually has waves. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the north. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south southeast. There is a right hand reef break. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Likely to be crowded if working. Beware of rocks, obstacles, locals and sharks.
Overall Populars Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Populars through a typical Fe... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Populars surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Populars
Tide stations nearest to Populars:
- Closest tide station3 mi
- Second closest tide station8 mi
- Third closest tide station9 mi
- Fourth closest tide station9 mi
- Fifth closest tide station9 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Populars is Honolulu International Airport (HNL) in Usa Oahu Isl., 11 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Populars is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 20 km (12 miles) away.
- Third is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Populars and is 106 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Populars, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Populars sea temperature, Populars photographs, Populars detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Populars webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Populars tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Populars.