Ponto Spot ID
Photo credit: KcK
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.0 °C
Ponto in San Diego County is an exposed beach break that has quite consistent surf. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the east northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Likely to be crowded if working. Hazards include Pollution,.
For Carlsbad, 3 km from Ponto.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Oceanside, 2 km from Ponto.
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 61 miles from Ponto.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||14||15||16|
Overall Ponto Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The rose diagram illustrates the range of swells directed at Ponto through a typical Oc... (show all text)
This picture describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ponto surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ponto
Visitor Reviews of Ponto
“Rivermouth / Beachbreak. Closest City Carlsbad, 2nd closest Encinitas. Closest surf break: Grandview. Closest Airport: Palomar Airport Carlsbad”
Joe Ewing from UNITED STATES - 29 Apr 2015
Tide stations nearest to Ponto:
- Closest tide stationCarlsbad2 mi
- Second closest tide stationOceanside2 mi
- Third closest tide stationSolana Beach14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSan Clemente22 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLa Jolla, Scripps Pier22 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Ponto:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)73 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)75 mi
- Third closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)78 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)78 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain (United States)85 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Ponto:
- Closest city locationCarlsbad (United States)2 mi
- Second closest city locationOceanside (United States)2 mi
- Third closest city locationVista (United States)7 mi
- Fourth closest city locationEncinitas (United States)11 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSan Marcos (United States)12 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Ponto is Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA, 40 km (25 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ponto is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN), also in USA, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 55 km (34 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA is 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Ponto and is 73 km (45 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ponto, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view Ponto sea temperature, Ponto photographs, Ponto detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ponto webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and Ponto tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ponto.