Ponto Spot ID
Photo credit: KcK
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.2 °C
Ponto in San Diego County is an exposed beach break that has quite consistent surf. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the east northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Likely to be crowded if working. Hazards include Pollution,.
For Carlsbad, 2 km from Ponto.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Carlsbad, 4 km from Ponto.
|light winds from the SW|
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 60 miles from Ponto.
|Data Age||6 hr||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
Overall Ponto Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture shows the range of swells directed at Ponto through a typical June. It is ... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ponto surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ponto
Visitor Reviews of Ponto
“Rivermouth / Beachbreak. Closest City Carlsbad, 2nd closest Encinitas. Closest surf break: Grandview. Closest Airport: Palomar Airport Carlsbad”
Joe Ewing from UNITED STATES - 29 Apr 2015
Tide stations nearest to Ponto:
- Closest tide stationCarlsbad1 mi
- Second closest tide stationOceanside4 mi
- Third closest tide stationSolana Beach11 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLa Jolla, Scripps Pier20 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSan Clemente24 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Ponto:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy76 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Valley76 mi
- Third closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain80 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Summit80 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain86 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Ponto:
- Closest city locationCarlsbad1 mi
- Second closest city locationOceanside4 mi
- Third closest city locationVista7 mi
- Fourth closest city locationEncinitas8 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSan Marcos11 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Ponto is Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA, 36 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ponto is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN), also in USA, 48 km (30 miles) away.
- Third is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 51 km (32 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA is 76 km (47 miles) away.
- General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico is the fifth nearest airport to Ponto and is 76 km (47 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ponto, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view Ponto sea temperature, Ponto photographs, Ponto detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ponto webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and Ponto tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ponto.