Pontal Spot ID
Best: Swell E | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.5 °C
Pontal in South Bahia is an exposed beach break that has dependable surf. The surf tends to be best in the spring. The best wind direction is from the west. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the east. Waves at the beach break both left and right. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
Overall Pontal Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Pontal through a typical A... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Pontal surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Bahia - Sul surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Pontal
Tide stations nearest to Pontal:
- Closest tide stationItacare1 mi
- Second closest tide stationCamamu23 mi
- Third closest tide stationCamamu25 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMalhado35 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationIlheus38 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Pontal:
- Closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1948 mi
- Second closest ski areaVallecitos (Argentina)2314 mi
- Third closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)2324 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)2328 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPortillo (Chile)2341 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Pontal:
- Closest city locationUbaitaba (Brazil)22 mi
- Second closest city locationIlheus (Brazil)40 mi
- Third closest city locationItabuna (Brazil)43 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCoaraci (Brazil)46 mi
- Fifth closest city locationIpiau (Brazil)50 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Pontal is Ilheus Airport (IOS) in Brazil, which is 62 km (39 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Pontal is Deputado Luis Eduardo Magalhaes (Salvador) Airport (SSA), also in Brazil, 166 km (103 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Pontal, Bahia - Sul. Use the tab navigation above to view Pontal sea temperature, Pontal photographs, Pontal detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Pontal webcams, current wind from Bahia - Sul live weather stations and Pontal tide predictions. The Brazil swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Brazil and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Brazil wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Pontal.