Pontaillac Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.4 °C
Pontaillac in Cote De Lumiere is an exposed beach break that has unreliable waves. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Offshore winds are from the northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west. The beach breaks are all rights. It's sometimes crowded here. Beware of .
Overall Pontaillac Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart shows the combination of swells directed at Pontaillac over a normal May and... (show all text)
This image illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Pontaillac surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Charente Maritime surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Pontaillac
- The closest passenger airport to Pontaillac is Medis (Royan) Airport (RYN) in France, 6 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Pontaillac is St Agnant (Rochefort) Airport (RCO), also in France, 30 km (19 miles) away.
- Third is Chateaubernard (Cognac) Airport (CNG) in France, 57 km (35 miles) away.
- Merignac (Bordeaux) Airport (BOD) in France is 92 km (57 miles) away.
- Souche (Niort) Airport (NIT), also in France is the fifth nearest airport to Pontaillac and is 92 km (57 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Pontaillac, Charente Maritime. Use the tab navigation above to view Pontaillac sea temperature, Pontaillac photographs, Pontaillac detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Pontaillac webcams, current wind from Charente Maritime live weather stations and Pontaillac tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Pontaillac.