Police Bay Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.9 °C
Police Bay in Mahe is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the north. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southeast. Reef breaks provide lefts and rights. Rarely crowded here. Beware of coral and rocks.
Overall Police Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The rose diagram shows the range of swells directed at Police Bay through an average Oc... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Police Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Mahe surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Police Bay
Ski Resorts closest to Police Bay:
- Closest ski areaAfri-Ski (Lesotho)2418 mi
- Second closest ski areaSepidan Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))2438 mi
- Third closest ski areaPooladkaf Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))2443 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaTiffindell (South Africa)2535 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaTarik Darreh (Iran (Islamic Republic of))2771 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Police Bay:
- The nearest passenger airport to Police Bay is Seychelles International (Mahe) Airport (SEZ) in Seychelles, which is 14 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Police Bay is Praslin Airport (PRI), also in Seychelles, 57 km (35 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Police Bay, Mahe. Use the tab navigation above to view Police Bay sea temperature, Police Bay photographs, Police Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Police Bay webcams, current wind from Mahe live weather stations and Police Bay tide predictions. The Seychelles swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Seychelles and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Seychelles wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Police Bay.