Point Venus Reef Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind SSE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.0 °C
Point Venus Reef in Tahiti is an exposed reef break that only works once in a while. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the south southeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the northeast. A right hand reef. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Hazards include rocks, coral and sharks.
For Mahina, 3 km from Point Venus Reef.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Tahiti Island-Faa'a International Airport, 15 km from Point Venus Reef.
|light winds from the SE|
Overall Point Venus Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture describes the combination of swells directed at Point Venus Reef through a... (show all text)
The figure shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Point Venus Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Tahiti surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Point Venus Reef
Tide stations nearest to Point Venus Reef:
- Closest tide stationMahina2 mi
- Second closest tide stationMataiva3 mi
- Third closest tide stationFare Ute Point, Papeete Harbor7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPunaauia12 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPaea15 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Point Venus Reef:
- Closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)2579 mi
- Second closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)2580 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)2584 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)2654 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)2788 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Point Venus Reef:
- Closest city locationFaaa9 mi
- Second closest city locationPapeete9 mi
- Third closest city locationPunaauia12 mi
- Fourth closest city locationApia (Samoa)1501 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLabasa (Fiji)2058 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Point Venus Reef is Temae (Moorea) Airport (MOZ) in French Polynesia, which is 30 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Point Venus Reef is Huahine Airport (HUH), also in French Polynesia, 187 km (116 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Point Venus Reef, Tahiti. Use the tab navigation above to view Point Venus Reef sea temperature, Point Venus Reef photographs, Point Venus Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Point Venus Reef webcams, current wind from Tahiti live weather stations and Point Venus Reef tide predictions. The French Polynesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing French Polynesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from French Polynesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Point Venus Reef.