Point St George Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Del Norte County, USA)
Point St George Spot ID
Type: beach and point
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.4 °C
Point St George in Del Norte County is an exposed beach and point break that has unreliable waves. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the southeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. The beach breaks consists of rights and there is a left hand point break too. Best around low tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Sharks may be a hazard at this break.
For Crescent City, California, 7 km from Point St George.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Crescent City Airport, 4 km from Point St George.
|light winds from the SSE|
Dry and cloudy
Overall Point St George Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram describes the variation of swells directed at Point St George over a n... (show all text)
This picture shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Point St George surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Del Norte County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Point St George
Visitor Reviews of Point St George
“Catch it when wind and swell is right and you will be stoked semi steep take off nice lined up left with hollow sections small crowds and if everything is right 150-300 yard rides good luck you might have to look every day Sept-June.”
brian from UNITED STATES - 13 Dec 2014
Tide stations nearest to Point St George:
- Closest tide stationCrescent City4 mi
- Second closest tide stationBrookings, Chetco Cove19 mi
- Third closest tide stationWedderburn, Rogue River45 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationTrinidad Harbor50 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMcKinleyville58 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Point St George:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)83 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)111 mi
- Third closest ski areaWillamette Pass (United States)169 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)186 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Bachelor (United States)200 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Point St George:
- Closest city locationGrants Pass (United States)66 mi
- Second closest city locationEureka (United States)69 mi
- Third closest city locationMedford (United States)80 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRedding (United States)127 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEugene (United States)168 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Point St George is Chico Muni Airport (CIC) in USA, which is 299 km (186 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Point St George is Beale Afb (Marysville) Airport (BAB), also in USA, 379 km (235 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Point St George, CAL - Del Norte County. Use the tab navigation above to view Point St George sea temperature, Point St George photographs, Point St George detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Point St George webcams, current wind from CAL - Del Norte County live weather stations and Point St George tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Point St George.