Point Reyes Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.9 °C
Point Reyes Beach in SF Marin is an exposed beach break that has quite consistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Ideal winds are from the southeast with some shelter here from north winds. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Watch out for sharks, rips and rocks.
For Inverness, Tomales Bay, California, 12 km from Point Reyes Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-PRYC1, 7 km from Point Reyes Beach.
|fresh winds from the NW|
At Bodega Bay Buoy, 21 miles from Point Reyes Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||6||6||6||6|
Overall Point Reyes Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The graph describes the variation of swells directed at Point Reyes Beach through a typ... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Point Reyes Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Marin County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Point Reyes Beach
Visitor Reviews of Point Reyes Beach
“Because it is way out on the Point Reyes Peninsula, and so exposed to the open ocean, the currents at this spot are exceptionally dangerous. The break is very shifty, and the currents can quickly pull you way outside.”
Jane from UNITED STATES - 28 Mar 2010
Tide stations nearest to Point Reyes Beach:
- Closest tide stationPoint Reyes6 mi
- Second closest tide stationInverness, Tomales Bay7 mi
- Third closest tide stationMarshall, Tomales Bay8 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationReynolds, Tomales Bay8 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBlakes Landing, Tomales Bay9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Point Reyes Beach:
- Closest ski areaBear Valley (United States)162 mi
- Second closest ski areaSierra at Tahoe (United States)163 mi
- Third closest ski areaRoyal Gorge (United States)163 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaKirkwood (United States)165 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSoda Springs (United States)165 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Point Reyes Beach:
- Closest city locationPetaluma (United States)22 mi
- Second closest city locationNovato (United States)23 mi
- Third closest city locationRohnert Park (United States)24 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSan Rafael (United States)25 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSanta Rosa (United States)29 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Point Reyes Beach is San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in USA, 73 km (45 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Point Reyes Beach is Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK), also in USA, 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Third is Travis Afb (Fairfield) Airport (SUU) in USA, 95 km (59 miles) away.
- Moffett Federal Afld (Mountain View) Airport (NUQ) in USA is 110 km (68 miles) away.
- Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Point Reyes Beach and is 121 km (75 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Point Reyes Beach, CAL - Marin County. Use the tab navigation above to view Point Reyes Beach sea temperature, Point Reyes Beach photographs, Point Reyes Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Point Reyes Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - Marin County live weather stations and Point Reyes Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Point Reyes Beach.