Point North Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Best: Swell NNE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.7 °C
Point North in Maui is an exposed reef and point break that has dependable surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the south southwest. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the north northeast. There is a left hand reef break. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Hazards include urchins and rips.
Overall Point North Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The figure shows the range of swells directed at Point North over a normal February, ba... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Point North surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Maui surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Point North
- The closest passenger airport to Point North is Kahului Airport (OGG) in Usa Maui Isl., 10 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Point North is Kapalua (Lahania-kapalua) Airport (JHM), also in Usa Maui Isl., 17 km (11 miles) away.
- Third is Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl., 49 km (30 miles) away.
- Hana Airport (HNM) in Usa Maui Isl. is 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Point North and is 65 km (40 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Point North, HAW - Maui. Use the tab navigation above to view Point North sea temperature, Point North photographs, Point North detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Point North webcams, current wind from HAW - Maui live weather stations and Point North tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Point North.