Point North Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Best: Swell NNE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.8 °C
Point North in Maui is an exposed reef and point break that has dependable surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the south southwest. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the north northeast. There is a left hand reef break. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Hazards include urchins and rips.
Overall Point North Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Point North over a normal ... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Point North surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Maui surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Point North
Tide stations nearest to Point North:
- Closest tide stationKahului, Kahului Harbor4 mi
- Second closest tide stationKahului6 mi
- Third closest tide stationKihei, Maui (Hawaii)12 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLahaina, Maui Island12 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPukoo Harbor, Molokai Island20 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Point North:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland2447 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta2451 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area2462 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaDodge Ridge2479 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Valley2481 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Point North:
- Closest city locationKahului6 mi
- Second closest city locationKailua85 mi
- Third closest city locationHonolulu89 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKane'ohe89 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPearl City99 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Point North is Kahului Airport (OGG) in Usa Maui Isl., 10 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Point North is Kapalua (Lahania-kapalua) Airport (JHM), also in Usa Maui Isl., 17 km (11 miles) away.
- Third is Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl., 49 km (30 miles) away.
- Hana Airport (HNM) in Usa Maui Isl. is 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Point North and is 65 km (40 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Point North, HAW - Maui. Use the tab navigation above to view Point North sea temperature, Point North photographs, Point North detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Point North webcams, current wind from HAW - Maui live weather stations and Point North tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Point North.