Point Arena Spot ID
Photo credit: Michael J. Wise
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.4 °C
Point Arena/Arena Cove in Mendocino County is a fairly exposed beach break that is often working. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the optimum swell angle is from the northwest. Both left and right reef breaks. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. Likely to be crowded if working. Beware of sharks,wreck, rips, rocks and locals.
Overall Point Arena Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
This picture illustrates the range of swells directed at Point Arena over a normal Janu... (show all text)
The figure describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Point Arena surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Mendocino County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Point Arena
- The closest passenger airport to Point Arena is Travis Afb (Fairfield) Airport (SUU) in USA, 173 km (107 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Point Arena is Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK), also in USA, 187 km (116 miles) away.
- Third is San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in USA, 187 km (116 miles) away.
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF) in USA is 187 km (116 miles) away.
- Chico Muni Airport (CIC), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Point Arena and is 188 km (117 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Point Arena, CAL - Mendocino County. Use the tab navigation above to view Point Arena sea temperature, Point Arena photographs, Point Arena detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Point Arena webcams, current wind from CAL - Mendocino County live weather stations and Point Arena tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Point Arena.