Point Arena Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Mendocino County, USA)
Point Arena Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.1 °C
Point Arena/Arena Cove in Mendocino County is a fairly exposed beach break that is often working. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the optimum swell angle is from the northwest. Both left and right reef breaks. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. Likely to be crowded if working. Beware of sharks,wreck, rips, rocks and locals.
For Arena Cove, California, 2 km from Point Arena.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-ANVC1, 2 km from Point Arena.
|light winds from the E|
At PT Arena Buoy, 24 miles from Point Arena.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||15||15||15|
Overall Point Arena Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The graph describes the variation of swells directed at Point Arena through an average ... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Point Arena surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Mendocino County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Point Arena
Visitor Reviews of Point Arena
Tide stations nearest to Point Arena:
- Closest tide stationArena Cove1 mi
- Second closest tide stationPoint Arena2 mi
- Third closest tide stationAlbion21 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMendocino, Mendocino Bay27 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNoyo River35 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Point Arena:
- Closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)161 mi
- Second closest ski areaRoyal Gorge (United States)180 mi
- Third closest ski areaSoda Springs (United States)181 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaBoreal Mountain (United States)183 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSugar Bowl (United States)184 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Point Arena:
- Closest city locationWindsor (United States)55 mi
- Second closest city locationSanta Rosa (United States)64 mi
- Third closest city locationRohnert Park (United States)68 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPetaluma (United States)76 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNovato (United States)84 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Point Arena/Arena Cove is Travis Afb (Fairfield) Airport (SUU) in USA, 173 km (107 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Point Arena/Arena Cove is Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK), also in USA, 187 km (116 miles) away.
- Third is San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in USA, 187 km (116 miles) away.
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF) in USA is 187 km (116 miles) away.
- Chico Muni Airport (CIC), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Point Arena/Arena Cove and is 188 km (117 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Point Arena, CAL - Mendocino County. Use the tab navigation above to view Point Arena sea temperature, Point Arena photographs, Point Arena detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Point Arena webcams, current wind from CAL - Mendocino County live weather stations and Point Arena tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Point Arena.