Poche Beach Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.9 °C
Poche Beach in Orange County is an exposed beach and reef break that has reasonably consistent surf. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. Offshore winds are from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the south southwest. Reef breaks provide lefts and rights. Best around mid tide. A popular wave that can get growded. Take care of rocks and pollution.
For Dana Point, 3 km from Poche Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At San Clemente, 3 km from Poche Beach.
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 70 miles from Poche Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||17||17||16||16|
Overall Poche Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This chart shows the range of swells directed at Poche Beach through an average June an... (show all text)
This image illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Poche Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Orange County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Poche Beach
Tide stations nearest to Poche Beach:
- Closest tide stationDana Point2 mi
- Second closest tide stationSan Clemente4 mi
- Third closest tide stationLaguna Niguel6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLaguna Beach9 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNewport Bay Entrance16 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Poche Beach:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy52 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort63 mi
- Third closest ski areaSnow Valley64 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area65 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit70 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Poche Beach:
- Closest city locationDana Point2 mi
- Second closest city locationSan Clemente4 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Juan Capistrano4 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLaguna Niguel6 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAliso Viejo9 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Poche Beach is John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA, 31 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Poche Beach is Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK), also in USA, 32 km (20 miles) away.
- Third is Riverside Muni Airport (RAL) in USA, 59 km (37 miles) away.
- Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA is 61 km (38 miles) away.
- March Arb (Riverside) Airport (RIV), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Poche Beach and is 61 km (38 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Poche Beach, CAL - Orange County. Use the tab navigation above to view Poche Beach sea temperature, Poche Beach photographs, Poche Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Poche Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - Orange County live weather stations and Poche Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Poche Beach.