Playita Spot ID
Photo credit: Mario Ruta
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.8 °C
Playita in Golfo de Nicoya is an exposed beach and reef break that has quite reliable surf Offshore winds are from the east northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the south. The beach break provides left and right handers. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Take care to avoid the rocks.
Overall Playita Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This chart shows the range of swells directed at Playita over a normal April, based on ... (show all text)
This image illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playita surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Golfo de Nicoya surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playita
Ski Resorts closest to Playita:
- The closest passenger airport to Playita is Quepos Managua Airport (XQP) in Costa Rica, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Playita is Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO), also in Costa Rica, 67 km (42 miles) away.
- Third is Palmar Sur Airport (PMZ) in Costa Rica, 91 km (57 miles) away.
- Golfito Airport (GLF) in Costa Rica is 136 km (84 miles) away.
- Limon International Airport (LIO), also in Costa Rica is the fifth nearest airport to Playita and is 140 km (87 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playita, Golfo de Nicoya. Use the tab navigation above to view Playita sea temperature, Playita photographs, Playita detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playita webcams, current wind from Golfo de Nicoya live weather stations and Playita tide predictions. The Costa Rica swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Costa Rica and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Costa Rica wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playita.